Sailing with Capt. John Sheffield
Captain Shef can (on vessels 25-60 feet in length)
– deliver your vessel for you to enjoy at your next vacation spot, or
– help you set up a sail or power vessel charter vacation in an exotic port and captain the yacht to your desired ports of call, or
– teach you and/or your new crew member(s) the basics of sailing (including how to talk like a sailor), boat handling (power or sail), navigation (with GPS and chart), docking, anchoring, etc. on your boat at your convenience.
Where shall we sail your boat next month?
My Experience and Background
Starting in 1954 as a child, I’ve been on the water or around boats a good portion of my life. From skiffs with oars or outboard motors to 61-foot diesel-powered yachts, and from Sunfish to 57-foot yawls, I’ve learned how to handle vessels of all sizes, both power and sail. I’ve sailed the coastal
My Skills and Credentials
I have captained the following vessels:
- Sailing prams, Sunfish, Star class sloop, Melgers racing dinghies (Lake Murray, South Carolina)
- 19-foot open sailing skiff (Virgin Islands)
Sailing and Boating Skills
These are the skills that I possess that adds to my qualifications as a ships’ captain:
- Chart reading
- Dead reckoning
- Course plotting
Educational and Entertainment Options
You will have the opportunity to learn:
A Few Facts About Your Amazing Captain
Shef is now looking forward to consulting, sailboat delivery, part-time teaching, volunteer work, and ticking items off his “bucket list.
Enjoy Capt. Shef as you discover that he is a: